Buttery and crispy cookies, packed with wholesome goodness. Just melts in your mouth!
- 2 sticks (8 oz) unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup sugar (pulsed slightly in a mixer to make it finer)
- 1 cup plain flour/all purpose flour/maida flour
- 1 cup almond powder
- 1 cup chana flour/gram flour
- 1 cup fine semolina (pulsed slightly in a mixer to make it finer)
- 1 teaspoon cardamom, coarsely ground
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Grease two baking trays or line with parchment paper and set aside.
Pre heat the oven at 350-degree F
In a mixing bowl, take the butter and sugar and beat until the mixture is fluffy and almost white in color.
Add the all-purpose flour, almond powder, gram flour, semolina, cardamom. baking powder and baking soda. Mix well. Add in the oil to make a soft and pliable dough.
Remove the dough from the mixing bowl and divide into 40-50 pieces.
Roll each piece into a smooth ball. Set each ball about two inches apart in the baking tray. Flatten the ball slightly with a fork to make the print.
Bake at 350-degree F for 10 minutes, then turn the heat down to 250 degrees and bake for approximately 10-15 minutes until the shortbread is golden brown. Cool slightly and pack in an air tight tin.
[Makes 40 – 50 cookies]