Made with staple flours. The muffin mold gives every serving the crispy edges!
- 1 cup corn meal (yellow or white)
- ½ cup chana flour or gram flour
- 1/4 cup semolina or cream of wheat
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts (raw)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon green chilies, minced
- 1 tablespoon dhana/coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Salt, or per taste
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda/soda bi-carb
- 1 tablespoon Sesame seeds for garnish
Grease and flour a 12 muffin/cupcake pan
Preheat the oven at 350-degree Fahrenheit
Make the handvo mixture:
Combine the corn meal, chana flour, semolina, oil, yogurt and water. Cover and let the mixture rest for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, grate the carrots and zucchini, finely chop the onion. Add the veggies over the mixture. Add in the crushed peanuts, garlic, chilies, dhana, turmeric, salt, baking powder and banking soda and mix well. Taste for salt and adjust as needed.
Fill the muffin pan with a heaped ¼ cup full of mixture in each mold. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Bake at 350-degree Fahrenheit for 45minutes to 1 hour to get the desired color of crust.
Remove from muffin pan once the handvo has cooled slightly.
Serve warm with masala tea!